Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Zucchini and Tomato Casserole
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 tomatoes, cubed
½ teaspoon dried oregano
½ cup parmesan, shredded
1 tablespoon panko
5 ounces of fresh mozzarella
1 teaspoon olive oil
How to Cook Cheesy Zucchini and Tomato Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Peel the zucchini and slice it into cubes. Place them in a large bowl.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, onion, and season with salt. Cook until the onion is soft.
- Add the cooked onion and garlic over the zucchini cubes. Also add the tomatoes and season with salt, pepper, and dried oregano. Add half of the parmesan, panko and mix everything.
- Transfer the mixture to a ceramic baking tray. Add the fresh mozzarella on top and pour a small drizzle of olive oil. Sprinkle the remaining parmesan all over the casserole.
- Slide the tray into the oven and bake it for the next 25 minutes.