Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Winter Beef Stew
14 ounces of beef tenderloin, chunks
1 cup flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
1 small carrot, diced
1 small parsnip, diced
½ cup vegetable stock
½ cup red wine
For the cheese topping:
½ cup flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ cup milk
½ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Make Cheesy Winter Beef Stew
- Add the flour in a large bowl and add it in a large bowl. Use the flour to coat the beef chunks.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the beef chunks and cook it until well browned.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrots, and parsnip and pour the vegetable stock.
- Add the bay leaf and pour the red wine. Add the beef and season with salt and pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 380 degrees F/190 degrees C.
- Add the beef mixture in a round baking dish (or ramekin), around 4 inches (10 cm) in diameter. Slide it into the oven for the next 45 minutes.
- Sift the flour through a strainer in a large bowl. Add the baking powder and pour the milk.
- Mix with a fork until smooth. Add the cheddar and mix.
- Use the topping and add it over the beef. If you want, you can top it with some more Cheddar.
- Slide it into the oven for the next 15 minutes, at 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.