Beef, Pancetta and Braised Cabbage Sandwich
Red cabbage is nothing to write home about on its own. But once you add it in this sandwich, it bursts with flavor. So, what’s the secret? It’s about pairing it up with smoky-flavored, tender pancetta. And a bit of beef, if you want some extra protein in there. Serve everything between the two halves of a mildly toasted bun, and add some arugula leaves, for a healthy green touch!
Ingredients Needed for Beef, Pancetta and Braised Cabbage Sandwich
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 red onion, thinly sliced
7 ounces of red cabbage, shredded
3 ounces of pancetta, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon paprika powder
3.5 ounces of leftover beef steak, thinly sliced
2 buns, sliced through the middle
1 ounce fresh arugula
How to Make Beef, Pancetta and Braised Cabbage Sandwich
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook it for 2-3 minutes, until the fat melts. Season with paprika powder, and add the red onion.
- After 1-2 minutes, add the red cabbage, season with salt, and cook it for 4-5 minutes. Take the mixture out with a perforated spoon. Leave the fat in the pan, and add the leftover beef in it.
- Cook it for about 2 minutes, take it out and place it over the cabbage.
- Spread about 1/2 of tablespoon of fat over the bun slices. Add the buns over the electric grill and grill them for 2-3 minutes.
- Now for serving, make the following sandwich: top the bottom part of the buns with fresh arugula, braised red cabbage and beef mixture, and close the sandwiches with the remaining slices.