Po Boy Sandwich
In no more than 20 minutes the Po’ Boy sandwich will come straight from Louisiana and end up right on your plate. We made our Po-Boy shrimp-themed and flavored it with Cajun seasoning, Worchester sauce, and lemon juice.
Ingredients Needed for Po Boy Sandwich
2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
8 ounces shrimp
flour (for coating)
panko (for coating)
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 baguette, halved
1 tomato, sliced
How to Make Po Boy Sandwich
- Add the eggs and 1 teaspoon of Cajun seasoning to a bowl and whisk them.
- Add the shrimp and mix to coat them. Set aside.
- Add the flour and panko to another bowl and mix them.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Coat the shrimp with the flour mixture and add them to the pan.
- Fry them for 3 minutes on both sides.
- Add the mayo, sour cream, lemon juice, W-sauce, garlic, and the remaining Cajun seasoning to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Cut each half of a baguette horizontally in two. Make two sandwiches by spreading mayo mixture and topping with lettuce, fried shrimp, and tomato slices.