Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Tuna and Pasta Bake
3 vermicellis pasta nests
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 ounce caper
1 cup heavy cream
5.5 ounces of tuna, canned
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
3 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
2 ounces of parmesan, grated
How to Cook Cheesy Tuna and Pasta Bake
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Put water in a saucepan, add a pinch of salt, and bring it to a boil.
- Cook the vermicelli pasta nests according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a bit of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the onion and the garlic until soften.
- Season with salt, pepper, and paprika powder.
- Add the capers, 1/4 cup (55 grams) of heavy cream, and dried basil by taste.
- Add the tuna and mix.
- In a separate bowl, pour the remaining heavy cream, dried basil, salt, lemon juice, 2 ounces (55 grams) of mozzarella, 1 ounce (30 grams) of parmesan, and pepper. Mix everything until you get a thick sauce.
- Drain the pasta and put them in a glass baking dish.
- Spread the tuna mixture over the pasta. Top with the cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella and parmesan, and some chili flakes.
- Bake the dish for 15 minutes.
- If you want, garnish with fresh oregano before serving.