Ingredients Needed for Hot and Sour Soup 3 cups of chicken stock
2 cups of water
7 ounces of tofu, cut into cubes
5 ounces of chicken breast, cut into medium cubes
1 chili pepper, seeds removed, chopped
1 teaspoon chili sauce
¼ cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
2 eggs, whisked
1 spring onion, slices
¼ cup cheddar, shredded
2 pork chops
How to Cook Hot and Sour Soup
- Put the chicken stock and water in a large saucepan on medium heat.
- Add the carrot slices, tofu, and chicken. Bring the soup to a boil.
- Add the chopped chili, chili sauce, tomato sauce, chili seasoning mix, and white wine vinegar in a bowl. Set aside this hot sauce.
- Add the wood ear mushrooms and the hot sauce.
- Season with salt.
- When the carrot and chicken are cooked through, lower the heat and add the whisked eggs gradually, while you stir continuously.
- Serve the soup with spring onion and, if you want, add some more chili on top.