Cheesy Spinach and Tomato Quiche
Who would say no to a savory tart inspired by the French cuisine? It’s a vegetarian, yet still filling party dish. Actually, you can gorge on it warm or cold on any occasion. It’s all gooey goat cheese, eggs, and nutmeg-flavored milky batter. So, if you’re thinking about holding a party, think quiche.
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Spinach and Tomato Quiche
For the dough:
1 ½ cups of flour
1 cup melted butter
¾ cup cold water
1 tablespoon butter for coating the pan
For the batter:
2 cups of milk
For the tart:
1 cup baby spinach
1 cup goat cheese, crumbled
10 ounces of cherry tomatoes
How to Make Cheesy Spinach and Tomato Quiche
- For the dough:
Strain the flour into a bowl. Add the yolk and melted butter and season with salt. Mix until even using a spatula. Add the cold water in the process.
- Continue to knead until you have a dough. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Coat an 11-inch tart pan with butter. Dust the work surface with some flour. Flatten the dough using a rolling pin.
- Line the tart pan with the flattened dough. Trim the edges and discard the resulting dough rests.
- Poke small holes into the dough using a fork. Cover with a sheet of parchment paper and fill with dried beans. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- For the batter:
Add the milk and eggs to a bowl. Season with salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Whisk until even. Set aside.
- For the tart:
Remove and discard the parchment paper and beans. Evenly spread the baby spinach over the baked dough. Add the crumbled cheese and cherry tomatoes.
- Pour the batter over the veggies and cheese. Bake for 30 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.