Ingredients Needed for Butternut Squash Pie
1 cup flour
½ cup oat flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 tablespoon yogurt
1 cup warm milk
7 ounces butternut squash, grated
5 ounces of cottage cheese
1 teaspoon orange extract
chives (for garnishing)
How to Make Butternut Squash Pie
- Add the plain flour and oat flour to a dough mixer bowl. Season with cinnamon, orange zest, and lemon zest. Mix until even using a spatula.
- Add the yogurt and start mixing. Gradually add the milk in the process. Mix until you have a dough, then set aside.
- Add the grated squash to a bowl. Season with salt, add the cottage cheese and orange extract and mix until even.
- Take 1/4 from the dough ball and shape it into a thin long cylindrical shape. You’ll use it for the pie’s edge.
- Flatten the remaining dough using the rolling pin.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the dough disc on it.
- Fit the long dough shape along the disc edge by pressing it with your fingers.
- Fill the crust with the squash mixture and evenly spread it.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 400⁰F/200⁰C.
- Garnish with chives.