Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Smoked Salmon Spinach Rolls
For the baby spinach mixture:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of baby spinach
2 tablespoons of flour
¼ cup heavy cream
4 egg whites
For the dill mixture:
½ cup cottage cheese
½ cup fresh dill, chopped
How to Cook Cheesy Smoked Salmon Spinach Rolls
- For the baby spinach mixture:
Heat the oil in a skillet over low heat and add the baby spinach. Cook and stir until tender.
- Transfer the cooked spinach to a bowl. Add the flour, yolk, heavy cream, and seven spice powder. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even using a spatula. Set aside.
- Add the egg whites to a bowl. Whisk them until stiff using a hand mixer.
- Add the spinach mixture to the whisked egg white bowl. Mix until even.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Spread the mixture on it so that it forms a rectangular approximately 1/2-inch thick layer. Bake for 25 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- For the dill mixture:
Add the cottage cheese and dill to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix until even.
- Evenly spread this mixture over the baked spinach mixture. Top with smoked salmon, then carefully roll. Serve it sliced and with pesto.