Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Egg Toast Cups
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, diced
1 small red bell pepper, diced
1 small yellow bell pepper
6 toast bread slices
3 tablespoons of melted butter
2 teaspoons of fresh thyme, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
⅓ cup cheddar, grated
⅓ cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
How to Cook Cheesy Egg Toast Cups
- Heat 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until tender.
- Add the red bell pepper and stir it in. Add the yellow bell pepper and stir it in.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened. Set aside.
- Fit the slices of toast into the cups of a 6-cup muffin pan.
- Mix the melted butter with the thyme and garlic in a small bowl. Coat the toast cups with this mixture.
- Fill each toast cup with the cooked veggies. Top with grated mozzarella or cheddar. Bake for 12 – 14 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Coat the interior of 6 small plastic bags with a little bit of oil. It’s better if you use a cooking spray for this.
- Crack one egg into each bag, then tie. Fill a cooking pot 1/3 with water and bring to a boil.
- Submerge the egg bags into the water and boil for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Remove and discard the bags. Top each toast cup with a boiled egg. Optionally, garnish with fried bacon.