Ingredients Needed for Cheddar and Chicken Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls
1 ½ cups of mashed potato
½ teaspoon paprika powder
1 red onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
2 chicken thighs s, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
0.5 tea spoon herb mix
½ teaspoon chili powder
2 tablespoons of milk
½ cup breadcrumbs
How to Cook Cheddar and Chicken Stuffed Mashed Potato Balls
- Add the mashed potatoes in a bowl.
- Add pepper, paprika powder, and salt. Combine everything and set aside.
- Heat about 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a skillet and cook the red onion until it softens.
- Add the garlic and chicken thighs pieces and fry them until they start to turn golden.
- Add the bell pepper, herb mix, and chili powder. Stir and cook further, until the meat is cooked-through and the bell pepper is soft. Set aside.
- Take some mashed potato mixture in your hand and roll it into balls of equal size. Rub your hands with a little olive oil to keep the chilled mashed potatoes from sticking to your fingers, then flatten each potato ball slightly, cup them in your hands and fill with 1 1/2 tablespoons of meat filling. Also add some shredded Cheddar. Shape back into a ball. Repeat until all of the balls have been filled. Place them on a plate.
- Whisk the egg with milk to make some egg wash.
- Coat each stuffed mashed potato ball with egg wash and breadcrumbs.
- Heat some vegetable oil for frying in a skillet and add the mashed potato balls in it.
- Fry on all sides until golden and crispy.