Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Chorizo Phyllo Pastry Roll-Ups
6 ounces goat cheese
2 ounces chorizo, chopped
1 tablespoon chives, chopped
8 ounces phyllo pastry (some 20 sheets)
2 red bell peppers, roasted and sliced
4 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 red onion, quartered
How to Cook Cheesy Chorizo Phyllo Pastry Roll-Ups
- Add the goat cheese and chorizo to a bowl. Mix until even using a fork.
- Mix in the chives and season with salt and pepper.
- Place 5 phyllo pastry sheets on the work surface and coat the topmost one with melted butter. Add on top 5 more and do the same. Repeat for the remaining 10.
- Cut the stack of sheets into equal parts (try 9 or 12).
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of goat cheese mixture over them and roll.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and transfer the rolls on it.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Remove the tray from the oven, coat the rolls with more melted butter, then bake for 5 more minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Add the roasted bell peppers, garlic, oregano, parsley, lemon juice, and onion to a measuring cup. Mash them together using a hand blender, then transfer to a cup.
- Serve the roll-ups with bell pepper dip.