Ingredients Needed for Chicken and Sweet Potatoes in Creamy Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter
2 chicken breasts halves, approximately 5 ounces each
1 onion, thinly sliced
2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
½ cup chicken stock
1 lemon, sliced
1 lime, sliced
½ cup lemon juice
⅔ cup heavy cream
1 red chili, thinly sliced
3 ounces of kale
How to Cook Chicken and Sweet Potatoes in Creamy Sauce
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the butter and melt it.
- Add the chicken and cook it for 8-10 minutes per side.
- Take the chicken out of the pan, and add the onion and garlic. Cook them until golden.
- Add the sweet potato, season with thyme, and pour the chicken stock.
- Cover it with a lid and simmer it for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid,/; add lemon, lime, and lemon juice.
- Pour the heavy cream.
- Cook everything for 2-3 more minutes, while stirring into the pan.