Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Bake
10 ounces of pasta shell
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of chicken, diced
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 ½ cups of tomato sauce
¼ cup water
fresh basil leaves
½ cup parmesan, shredded
½ cup cheddar, shredded
3.5 ounces of mozzarella, thinly sliced
How to Make Cheesy Chicken and Pasta Bake
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, fill about half of it with water, add the pasta shells and cook them according to the instructions on the package.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season it with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Cook it for 15 minutes.
- Pour 1 cup of tomato sauce, add the water, and a few basil leaves.
- Stir, add the cooked pasta and the remaining tomato sauce.
- Season with salt, and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes, to reduce the sauce by half.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Next, place 1/3 of the mixture on the bottom of a baking tray. Top with shredded parmesan and basil leaves.
- For the second layer, add the same amount of pasta. Top it with shredded Cheddar.
- Finally, add the remaining pasta mixture and top it with the mozzarella.
- Slide the tray into the oven and cook it for the next 15 minutes!