Calories: 481 kCal / serving
- 22 g
- 31 g
- 27 g
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Beef Pull-Apart Sunshine Pie
For the filling:
12 ounces of ground beef
½ cup low moisture mozzarella
1 cup frozen spinach, thawed
⅓ cup ricotta
For the pie:
2 round sheets of puff pastrys
1 egg, whisked
chili flakes for garnishing
How to Make Cheesy Beef Pull-Apart Sunshine Pie
- For the filling:
Add the beef, mozzarella, spinach, egg, and ricotta to a bowl. Season with salt and pepper and mix.
- Place one puff pastry sheet on parchment paper. Use about 2/3 of the beef mixture to make a long roll. Form a circle using the roll and place it on the pastry sheet.
- Form the remaining beef mixture into a meatball. Place it in the middle of the pastry sheet.
- Add the second pastry sheet on top. Place a small or medium upturned cup in the middle and press it gently. Seal the edges by pressing the pastry with a fork.
- Make radial cuts beginning from the upturned cup’s rim. Twist each “ray” of this pastry “sun” once in the same direction.
- Poke holes into the center of the pie using a fork. Coat the pie with whisked egg, then garnish with chili flakes. Bake for 45 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.