Calories: 224 kCal / serving
- 9 g
- 9 g
- 27 g
Ingredients Needed for Cheesy Bean Burritos
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 medium-sized green bell pepper, diced
2 medium-sized carrots, shredded
7 ounces of canned red beans
1 spring onion, chopped
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon sweet paprika powder
1 red onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
8 cherry tomatoes, halved
3 basil leaves
1 teaspoon chili pineapple sauce
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
½ cup water
3 tortilla wraps
3 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, sliced
How to Make Cheesy Bean Burritos
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the green bell pepper, carrots, canned beans, and spring onion.
- Season with onion powder, sweet paprika powder, and salt. Cook everything for 10 minutes, while stirring from time to time.
- Next, heat the remaining oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Add the red onion, garlic, and pepper. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced cherry tomatoes, basil leaves, chili pineapple sauce, white wine vinegar, and water.
- Reduce the heat, cover with a lid, and let it simmer for 20 minutes. Remove the skillet from heat, and blend everything until smooth.
- Place the wraps on your wooden board and use the red bean mixture to fill the wraps. Place the filling on one side of wrap and roll towards the opposite end.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Pour half of the cherry tomato mixture into a squared oven tray, and lay the red bean burritos Pour the remaining sauce over the burritos and lay the mozzarella cheese slices.