Ingredients Needed for Roasted Porchetta
4 slices of bread
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 onion, chopped
6 ounces of minced meat
6 ounces of chicken liver
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary
0.5 ounces pine nuts
1 ounces raisins
8 pounds of pork belly
½ cup white wine
How to Cook Roasted Porchetta
- First, let the bread slices soak into the water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat, add the onion, and cook it for 1-2 minutes. Add the minced meat and shred lemon zest. Cook until the meat turns slightly brown.
- Add the chicken liver, and season with thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Add around 1/2 cup of water if the mixture is too dry, pine nuts, and raisins. Cook for 5 more minutes and after that mix in the water-soaked bread.
- Preheat the oven to 280°F/140°C.
- Next lay the pork belly on your wooden board. Butterfly it, making room for the filling. The belly should be around 0.5 inches (1.2 cm) thick.
- Evenly spread the ground meat mixture over the pork belly. Top it with parsley, and season with salt and pepper.
- Start from one of the ends of the belly and roll towards its opposite end. Rub the remaining olive oil over the meat and season it with salt and pepper. Tie the porchetta with a string, making a few knots in the process, so you don’t lose any of the filling.
- Place the meat on an empty rack on a baking tray and fill 1/2 cup of white wine in the empty tray.
Roast the porchetta for the next 4 hours.