Ingredients Needed for One Pot Chicken, Bacon and Rice
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
8 ounces of chicken breast, diced
1 red onion, sliced
3 bacon slices, chopped
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 green chili, thinly sliced
5 ounces of rice
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 teaspoon hot sauce
3 lemons slices
1 spring onion, chopped
How to Cook One Pot Chicken, Bacon and Rice
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Cook the chicken for 10-12 minutes, until golden. Take it out of the skillet.
- In the remaining fat, pour some more vegetable oil if needed. Add the red onion and cook it until golden. Add the chopped bacon, bell pepper, chili, and rice. Stir and pour the chicken stock. Season with salt, add the canned tomatoes and hot sauce.
- Bring it to a boil and reduce the heat. Add the lemon slices, spring onion, and chicken. Cook everything for an additional 5 minutes.
- You can serve the dish with a touch of parsley on top!