Catfish Steaks With Spinach Pesto
OK, maybe the low-fat catfish hasn’t the Omega-3 load that salmon or mackerel have, but still, he’s got enough of it and has a lot of other nutrients. Let’s sear and bake some. We’ll serve it seasoned with an incredibly flavored spinach pesto, where dill and parsley are doing their thing.
Ingredients Needed for Catfish Steaks With Spinach Pesto
⅔ cup flour
1 teaspoon dried oregano
12 ounces of catfish (3 fish steaks)
1 ounce spinach
0.5 ounce fresh parsley
0.5 ounce fresh dill
1 tablespoon pine nuts
2 tablespoons of olive oil
How to Make Catfish Steaks With Spinach Pesto
- Add the flour, 1 teaspoon of salt, pepper, and oregano to a plate. Mix until even, then coat the catfish steaks.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan over medium-high heat and add the coated fish. Fry for 4 minutes on all sides.
- Transfer the fried fish to a baking dish and bake for 15 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.
- Add the spinach, parsley, dill, pine nuts, and olive oil to a hand blender glass. Season with salt and pepper and blend.
- Serve the catfish seasoned with the spinach pesto.