Ingredients Needed for Carrot and Bell Pepper Muffins
1 zucchini, diced
1 carrot, diced
1 red onion, minced
1 red bell pepper, diced
12 ounces flour
1 tablespoon semolina
1 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup milk
1 cup low moisture mozzarella, grated
How to Cook Carrot and Bell Pepper Muffins
- Melt the butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add the zucchini, carrot, onion, and bell pepper. Stir them in, cover with the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the lid, stir in, then cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the flour, semolina, and baking powder to a bowl. Mix them. Set aside.
- Add the eggs to s smaller bowl and beat them. Whisk in the milk adding it gradually until you have an egg wash.
- Transfer the flour mixture to another bowl. Gradually add the egg wash and mix until even.
- Add the mozzarella and keep mixing.
- Add the cooked veggies and mix them in.
- Transfer this dough to muffin pans. We needed 3 muffin pans 6 cups each.
- Cook for 20 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.