Ingredients Needed for Hummus-Stuffed Eggplant Boats
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 teaspoon turmeric
3.5 ounces of hummus, homemade or store-bought
1 baby spinach
4 cherry tomatoes, halves
1 chili pepper, sliced
1 tablespoon pomegranate seed
How to Make Hummus-Stuffed Eggplant Boats
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Halve the eggplant lengthwise.
- Scoop out some flesh from each halve, but leave about 0.4-inch/1 cm on the edges, so the eggplant halves look like boats and have enough room for the stuffing.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the eggplant boats on it.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper. Drizzle olive oil. Add turmeric.
- Roast them for 15-20 minutes.
- When they are ready, place them on a plate and fill them with hummus.
- Top the hummus-stuffed eggplant boats with baby spinach, cherry tomatoes, red chili pepper slices, and pomegranate seeds.