Cabbage, Endive and Egg Casserole
Who would have thought that you can simply bake cabbage and endive leaves in the oven? At first, it seems to be a salad, but it isn’t! The sauce and eggs transform it into a light casserole, just perfect for your dinner!
Ingredients Needed for Cabbage, Endive and Egg Casserole
2 tablespoons of butter
2 tablespoons of flour
1 cup milk
2 tablespoons of white wine
1 teaspoon mustard
2 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
2 spring onions s, chopped
How to Make Cabbage, Endive and Egg Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 430 degrees F/220 degrees C.
- Chop the cabbage roughly.
- Trim the bottom of the endive (1-inch/2.5 cm) then separate its leaves with your hands.
- Put the cabbage and endive leaves in a glass baking dish and mix them using your hands.
- Cut the eggs into halves and put them over the cabbage and endive leaves.
- Put a saucepan on the stove and melt the butter.
- Add the flour (first one tablespoon, then the second) and quickly stir to combine the flour with the melted butter, until it thickens into a paste.
- Then add the milk and continue to mix, until you get a smooth consistency.
- Add the white wine, mustard, salt and pepper, and stir to homogenize the sauce.
- Pour the sauce over the casserole.
- Top with shredded mozzarella and spring onion.
- Bake for 15 minutes.