Ingredients Needed for Bolognese Sauce
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 teaspoon oregano
5 ounces of ground beef
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
⅔ cup red wine
9 ounces of canned tomatoes
How to Cook Bolognese Sauce
- Thinly shred the carrots and onions.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on a medium heat and cook the carrots and the onion until softened, around 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and oregano.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and add the ground beef. Cook it for about 4-5 minutes, until it is browned all over.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the tomato sauce and pour the red wine. Let the mixture simmer until the wine has evaporated, then add the canned tomatoes. Stir thoroughly and cook the mixture for another 6-8 minutes.
- You can use the Bolognese sauce with flat pasta like tagliatelle, pappardelle, fettucine or in the classic Lasagna Bolognese recipe.