Beef Tortilla Wrap Casserole
Do you feel like having both a wrap and a smooth and juicy dish at the same time? Try this beef tortilla wrap casserole. It’s full of hearty tomato sauce and melted Cheddar cheese. The combination is also quite tasty!
Ingredients Needed for Beef Tortilla Wrap Casserole
3 tablespoons of flour
5 tablespoons of vegetable oil
3 tablespoons of tomato sauce
⅓ cup chicken stock
½ red onion, diced
10 ounces of ground beef
1 chili pepper s, sliced
2 tablespoons of olive, pitted and sliced
1 tablespoon dill, chopped
1 spring onion, sliced
⅔ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Beef Tortilla Wrap Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.
- Heat a skillet on your stove. Add the flour. Gradually, add 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, while you whisk continuously.
- Add the tomato sauce and whisk further. Add the chicken stock and whisk until you make a thick sauce. Set it aside.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in another skillet and cook the red onion until it softens.
- Add the ground beef and salt, then stir. Cook until the meat turns pale brown.
- Add the green chili pepper slices. Stir and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Set the mixture aside.
- Take a clean skillet and heat it on the stove.
- Heat the tortilla wraps on both sides.
- Place them on your cutting board and divide the ground beef mixture equally on both tortilla wraps.
- Sprinkle some olives, dill, and spring onion slices on the meat mixture.
- Roll the tortilla wraps. Cut them into halves.
- Use a small rectangular ceramic baking tray. Add on its bottom some tomato and flour sauce, place the wraps in it, then cover with the remaining sauce.
- Top with Cheddar cheese.
- Transfer the tray to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with just a little cooked rice.