Ingredients Needed for Beef Stew
1 tablespoon olive oil
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1½ pound beef for stew
2 onions quartered
4 cups beef stock
3 carrots, sliced
2 celery stalks, chopped
½ celery root, diced
2 bay leaves
4 thyme sprigs
⅔ cup tomato paste
4 ounces snow peas
How to Make Beef Stew
- Heat the olive oil in a pot and add the garlic.
- Cook and stir until tender.
- Turn the heat to high and add the beef.
- Cook and stir until it starts browning, then stir in the onions.
- Add the beef stock, cover with the lid, and cook for 50 minutes.
- Stir in the carrots, celery stalks, and celery root, add the bay leaves and thyme, cover with the lid and cook 30 minutes more.
- Stir in the tomato paste, season with salt and pepper, cover again and cook for 10 more minutes.
- Add the snow peas, stir them in, and cook until done or for 10-15 minutes.