Ingredients Needed for Raheb Salad
2 medium-sized eggplants
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
¼ cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon pomegranate molasses
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tomatoes, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 spring onion, chopped
2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
How to Cook Raheb Salad
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Slice the eggplants into halves and season them with salt.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the eggplant halves on it, cut-side up. Drizzle vegetable oil on the eggplants, then move the tray to the oven for the next 25 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, olive oil, and crushed garlic to a small bowl. Add the pomegranate molasses and give it a good stir.
- When the eggplants are cooked, let them cool and remove their soft flesh using a spoon. Chop the eggplant flesh.
- Add the chopped tomatoes to a large bowl along with the bell pepper, spring onion, parsley, and eggplant.
- Pour the olive oil and garlic dressing and mix well.