Ingredients Needed for Eggplant Rolls Topped With Mozzarella 1 eggplant
3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 carrots, peeled
2 celerys sticks
½ teaspoon coriander powder
½ teaspoon seven spice
1 chives, chopped
1 garlic clove, slices
6 cherry tomatoes, halves
3.5 ounces of low moisture mozzarella, shredded
2 cups of water
How to Cook Eggplant Rolls Topped With Mozzarella
- Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Slice the eggplant lengthwise.
- Drizzle about 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet. Place the skillet on the stove, on medium heat.
- Lay 2-3 eggplant slices in the skillet, depending on how many fit in.
- Drizzle some more vegetable oil, season with salt, and cook the eggplant slices on both sides until they soften. Do the same until you finish cooking all the eggplant slices. Set them aside.
- Shred the carrot, celery, and potato and put them in the same skillet.
- Mix, season with salt, pepper, coriander powder and seven spices. Cook the veggies until they soften.
- Add the chopped chives and garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Lay a fried eggplant slice on your workspace, top with 1-2 tablespoons of the veggie mixture, then carefully roll it.
- Keep doing this until you finish rolling all the eggplant slices.
- Add the eggplant rolls in a ceramic baking tray.
- If you have cooked leftover veggies, use them to top the rolls.
- Put the cherry tomatoes in the same baking pan and, if needed, drizzle some more olive oil on them.
- Top the rolls with shredded mozzarella.
- Transfer them to the oven and bake for 10 minutes.