Ingredients Needed for Beef Stew With Turmeric Rice water
½ cup basmati rice
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 red onion, diced
1 green bell pepper, diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 teaspoon harissa
2 eggplants slices, small cubes
2 zucchini slices, small cubes
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 cup tomato sauce
1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
2 sirloins steaks
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
½ teaspoon dried oregano
2 tablespoons of yogurt
1 tablespoon cornflour, as thickener
How to Cook Beef Stew With Turmeric Rice
- Fill a medium saucepan with water just over half way. Place it on the stove, on medium heat, add salt, then add the basmati rice. Set the pot over medium-high heat and bring it to a boil.
- Squeeze the lemon juice and add it to the basmati rice, and add the turmeric. Cook the rice stirring often.
- When the rice is cooked through, drain the liquid and set aside.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in a skillet and add the red onion, green and red bell pepper, harissa, and anchovy fillets. Mix and cook them together until the veggies start to soften.
- Add the eggplant and zucchini cubes.
- Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil in the skillet and mix. Continue to cook.
- Add the tomato sauce, balsamic vinegar and about 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Mix and let it simmer on low heat.
- Meanwhile, season the sirloin steaks with salt and sweet paprika powder. Drizzle 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil on them, then rub the meat on both sides using your hands, to spread the flavors.
- Heat vegetable oil in a skillet (on high heat) and fry the sirloin steaks for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the meat from the skillet and let it rest for 10 minutes, then slice it.
- Add the sirloin steak slices to the cooking veggie stew, mix and cook further.
- Add fresh mint leaves, Dijon mustard, pepper, and dried oregano. Cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Serve the beef stew with yellow basmati rice. Just before serving, garnish with chopped chives and a spoon of yogurt.