Ingredients Needed for Beef and Veggie Pot Pie
10 ounces of beef tenderloin, cubed
4 tablespoons of vegetable oil
2 carrots, sliced
1 potato, cubed
0.5 turnip, cubed
1 celery stick, sliced
1 tablespoon ginger root, diced
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 bay leaf
1 teaspoon allspice
1 teaspoon cumin powder
1 teaspoon curry powder
1 onion, chunked
½ cup beef stock
1 cup canned tomatoes
1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
2 tablespoons of milk
How to Make Beef and Veggie Pot Pie
- Heat the vegetable oil in a cast iron pan and start frying the beef cubes.
- Add the carrots, potatoes, turnip cubes, celery. Stir and cook further.
- Add the ginger, fennel seeds, bay leaf, allspice, cumin powder, curry powder, onion, beef stock, salt, pepper, and canned tomatoes. Stir and simmer for about 20 minutes.
- Make an egg wash by whisking the egg with milk.
- Cover the pan with puff pastry, coat it with egg wash, and prick it with a fork. Bake for 25 minutes at 350˚F/175˚C.