Ingredients Needed for Sauteed Brussels Sprouts With Toasted Nuts
10 brussels sprouts
1 ounce pine nut
1 ounce walnut
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon brown sugar
½ cup water
1 ounce mixed seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons of lemon juice
1 ounce parmesan
How to Make Sauteed Brussels Sprouts With Toasted Nuts
- Wash the Brussels sprouts and remove the outer layer of leaves. Cut off the brown stubs and slice in half.
- Heat a skillet and put in it the pine nuts.
- Crush the walnuts and add them too.
- Toast the pine nuts and the walnuts. From time to time, mix using a wooden spoon.
- Put another skillet on medium heat. Pour the vegetable oil in it and sprinkle the brown sugar, then mix.
- Add the Brussels sprouts and mix. Sauté the Brussels sprouts. Cook them on one side for about 5 minutes until they’re golden brown, and then turn them over to the other side.
- Add water, then season with salt and pepper by taste.
- Cover the skillet for about 5 minutes. Then, remove the lid and cook the Brussels sprouts until the liquid has evaporated and they’re cooked through.
- Add seed mix and the toasted walnuts and pine nuts.
- Crush the garlic and add it to the dish, then add lemon juice, and mix.
- Grate parmesan on the dish, just before serving it, warm.