Ingredients Needed for Beef and Pork Meatballs With Cream Sauce
For the pork-beef mixture:
2 teaspoons of butter
1 medium onion, shredded
1 large cooked potato, cubed
¼ cup flour
1 tablespoon water
8 ounces of ground beef
8 ounces of pork mince
1 teaspoon thyme powder
For the meatballs:
1 ounce butter
For the sauce:
½ cup heavy cream
⅓ cup beef stock
1 teaspoon soy sauce
lingonberry jam (optionally, for serving)
How to Cook Beef and Pork Meatballs With Cream Sauce
- For the pork-beef mixture:
Melt the butter in a skillet over low heat and add the onion. Cook and stir until it starts changing color to golden.
- Transfer to a bowl and add the cooked potato. Mix the flour and water to a small bowl until even and add them to the bigger bowl. Keep adding the ground beef, minced pork, and thyme powder. Season with salt and mix until even using a spatula. Add the egg and mix more.
- Preparing the meatballs:
Start forming balls from this mixture. We’ve got 21 of them. Your numbers may vary slightly depending on how big you make them.
- Melt the butter in a bigger skillet over medium heat, then add the meatballs. Fry them for 5-6 minutes on all sides, or until they are golden brown.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- For the sauce:
Heat a cooking pot over low heat. Add the heavy cream, beef stock, and soy sauce. Whisk continuously until it starts bubbling.
- Serve the meatballs covered with cream sauce. Optionally, you can add some lingonberry jam.