Ingredients Needed for Bacon, Pecan, and Sweet Potato Arugula Salad for Two
2 sweet potatoes, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
½ cup pecan nut
6 bacon slices
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
3.5 ounces of arugula
3.5 ounces of goat cheese
How to Cook Bacon, Pecan, and Sweet Potato Arugula Salad for Two
- Add the sweet potato slices to a bowl. Add the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix to coat all the sweet potato slices with oil.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper, add the sweet potato slices to it and bake for 30 minutes at 425˚F/220˚C.
- Add the pecans to a skillet, sprinkle salt, and roast them. Set them aside.
- Fry the bacon slices on both sides in a skillet. Set them aside on paper towels, to absorb the excess fat.
- Add the roasted sweet potato slices to a bowl. Also, add the honey, dijon mustard, and squeeze some lemon juice. Stir to combine the flavors.
- Add the arugula on a large salad plate. Add the sweet potatoes, goat cheese, roasted pecans, and crumb the fried bacon on top. If you want, drizzle some more olive oil before serving the salad.