Calories: 359 kCal / serving
- 7 g
- 23 g
- 28 g
Ingredients Needed for Cannoli With Mascarpone and Amaretto
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1 ½ tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
3 tablespoons of amaretto
2 ounces of butter
1 egg yolk, beaten
7 ounces of mascarpone
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make Cannoli With Mascarpone and Amaretto
- Add the flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, and 1/2 tablespoon of powdered sugar to a bowl. Season with salt and mix until even.
- Add the egg, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons of Amaretto. Mix more until even using a spatula.
- Add the butter. Mix until even using your hands.
- Transfer the mixture to a plastic foil, shape it into a lump, wrap, then refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Unwrap it and dust the work surface with flour. Break the dough into smaller portions and flatten them using the rolling pin. Cut dough discs using a 4-inch cookie cutter. Don’t discard the dough left from the cutting, instead, flatten it and cut out 1 or 2 more discs. We’ve ended up with 10 of them.
- Roll one disc around an approximately 1-inch thick cylinder (we’ve used the handle of a whisker), preferably metallic. Coat the overlapping end of the disc with beaten egg yolk and finish rolling. The beaten egg will act as a glue.
- Fill a pot halfway with vegetable oil and heat it over medium-high heat. Insert the rolled cannoli (still attached to the heat-proof cylinder) and deep-fry it for 2 minutes. Do the same with the remaining dough discs.
- Add the mascarpone, the remaining tablespoon of Amaretto, the vanilla extract, and the remaining tablespoon of powdered sugar to a bowl. Garnish with lemon zest and mix until smooth using a spatula.
- Transfer to a piping bag and fill the cannolis. Serve them chilled on a tray.