Ingredients Needed for Mushroom, Beef and Rice Petits Farcis
For the filling:
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 large onion, diced
7 ounces of mushrooms, diced
1 pound ground beef
1 teaspoon peppercorn
¼ cup basmati rice
¼ cup white wine
1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
For the stuffed tomatoes:
6 large tomatoes
1 cup basmati rice
1 tablespoon butter
1 cup water
fresh parsley, chopped (for garnishing)
How to Cook Mushroom, Beef and Rice Petits Farcis
- For the filling:
Heat the oil in a skillet over low-medium heat, then add the onion. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and season with salt. Cook and stir until golden brown.
- Add the ground beef. Stir occasionally, season with salt and pepper, and cook until browned. Add the peppercorns and rice. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Add the white wine and parsley and stir for 30 seconds more. Remove from heat.
- For the petits farcis:
Cut the top 1/4 off the tomatoes. Set aside the caps because we’ll use them as caps.
- Scoop the pulp and seeds out and stuff the tomatoes with the rice and mushroom mixture. Cover each stuffed tomato with a cap.
- Layer the rice on the bottom of a medium baking dish then add the stuffed tomatoes. Also, add the butter and pour the water in. Bake for 15 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Serve garnished with fresh chopped parsley.