Ingredients Needed for Bacon Mac and Cheese
3 slices of bacon
2 tablespoons of butter
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 spring onion, chopped
1 tablespoon flour
2 cups of milk
1 pound macaroni, cooked
1 cup cheddar, shredded
1 tablespoon breadcrumbs
How to Cook Bacon Mac and Cheese
- Heat a cast-iron skillet over medium heat, add the bacon and cook it until crispy.
- Melt the butter in the remaining fat and add the garlic and spring onion.
- Add the flour and whisk until it is absorbed.
- Pour the milk and cook for 10 minutes while whisking vigorously.
- Add the cooked macaroni into the sauce. Top with bacon, shredded Cheddar, and a few breadcrumbs.
- Slide the skillet into the oven and cook for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F/175 degrees C.