Bacon and Mozzarella Stuffed Bell Peppers
Mozzarella, crispy bacon, olives and spring onion. Sound like pizza toppings? Well, this time, they’re not! They are in fact the filling for these wonderful yellow bell pepper boats, cooked in the oven to perfection and ready to melt in your mouth!
Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Mozzarella Stuffed Bell Peppers
vegetable oil for cooking
1 yellow bell pepper
2 ounces of mozzarella, shredded
10 olives, without stones
½ spring onion
How to Make Bacon and Mozzarella Stuffed Bell Peppers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F/180 degrees C.
- Cut the bacon slices in little pieces.
- Heat vegetable oil in a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature.
- Add the bacon pieces to the skillet.
- Fry them until they’re crispy.
- Cut the yellow bell pepper in half vertically, remove the stem and the seeds.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the bell pepper halves.
- Add mozzarella in the yellow bell pepper halves.
- Add the crispy bacon bits, sliced olives, and chopped spring onion.
- Cook the stuffed bell pepper halves in the oven for 15 minutes.