Ingredients Needed for Bacon and Cornmeal Crusted Tomatoes
2 bacon slices, chopped
¼ cup cornmeal
½ cup flour
1 egg, whisked
0.5 ounce butter
How to Cook Bacon and Cornmeal Crusted Tomatoes
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the chopped bacon. Cook it until golden.
- Place it in a bowl and mix it with the cornmeal.
- Slice the tomatoes, about 0.4 inches (1 cm) thick.
- Place the flour and whisked egg in 2 separate bowls.
- Coat the tomatoes with flour, whisked egg, and cornmeal mix.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the tomatoes on both sides until golden and crispy.
- Add a bit of butter in the heated oil, melt it, and spread it with a tablespoon over the tomatoes.