Apple, Oat, and Raisin Silver Dollar Pancakes
People started eating silver dollar pancakes in the 19th century. It’s no problem if you make yours slightly larger than the original silver dollar. We did and we’ve decided to upgrade them with apple, raisins, and oat flakes. You can serve them with maple syrup or any other syrup of your choosing.
Ingredients Needed for Apple, Oat, and Raisin Silver Dollar Pancakes
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon quinoa flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons oat flakes
⅔ cup of milk
1 teaspoon honey
½ apple, shredded
1 tablespoon raisins
How to Make Apple, Oat, and Raisin Silver Dollar Pancakes
- Add the wheat and quinoa flour, the baking powder, cinnamon, and oat flakes to a bowl. Mix until even.
- Add the eggs, milk, and honey to a bowl. Beat them using a hand mixer.
- Gradually add the flour mixture and mix it in, using a spatula.
- Add the apple and raisins and keep mixing.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a pan over low heat, then add a tablespoon of mixture and flatten it a little.
- Fry it for 2-3 minutes on both sides, or until golden brown.
- Do the same for the remaining batter. You should get 10-12 mini-pancakes.