Warm Bulgur and Lentil Salad With Shrimp
This warm lentil salad is a safe bet when you’re in the mood for something light, yet satisfying and savory. To top things up, we’ve upgraded it with some roasted shrimp on top. It’s a simple touch, but quite effective because the ingredients go together very well in the recipe.
Ingredients Needed for Warm Bulgur and Lentil Salad With Shrimp
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
5 ounces of shrimp
1 small onion, chopped
1 ½ cups of vegetable stock
1 cup water
½ cup red lentil
½ cup bulgur
1 roasted red bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
How to Make Warm Bulgur and Lentil Salad With Shrimp
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Lay the shrimp in a baking tray and drizzle 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil over them.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 8 minutes.
- Heat the remaining oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and cook it until translucent.
- Pour the vegetable stock and water.
- Bring to a boil and add the red lentil and bulgur.
- Cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Drain the grains and add them in a large bowl.
- Add the bell pepper, vinegar, and season with salt.
- Top the grains with the roasted shrimp.