Ingredients Needed for Turkey Breast Roll With Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing
For the topping:
1 cup pork scratchings
3 tablespoons of dried cranberries
3 tablespoons of pistachios, crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
For the stuffing:
10 ounces of sausage (2 sausages 12-ounce each)
2 medium onions, minced
2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
2 tablespoons of walnuts, crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
For the turkey roll:
1 ½ pounds of turkey breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons of brown sauce
How to Cook Turkey Breast Roll With Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing
- Add the pork scratchings to a blender. Blend, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cranberries, pistachio, and thyme. Mix until even. Set aside.
- Place the sausages on the work surface. Cut, remove and discard the casing.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage meat and break it up.
- Cook and stir until it turns brown. Add the minced onion and dried cranberries. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the walnuts and sage, season with salt and pepper, and stir them in. Add the breadcrumbs. Cook and stir for 1 more minute, then remove from heat.
- Place the turkey breast on the work surface on plastic wrap. Butterfly it, then cover it with another plastic wrap and tenderize it using a mallet until it is of uniform thickness. Remove and discard the upper plastic wrap.
- Season the inner part of the butterflied breast with salt and pepper. Add the sausage meat mixture and spread it evenly. Roll the turkey breast using the plastic wrap.
- Tie up the turkey roll with twine. Transfer it to a roomy baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Remove from oven, place the roll on the work surface, tie the cord and discard it.
- Coat the roll with brown sauce and top it with the pistachio mixture. Slice and serve.