Turkey Breast Roll With Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing
Incredibly decadent, extra-meaty and mega-delicious! It’s how this turkey breast roll is. This is no easy task, but when you will have finished preparing this, your guests will be in awe. Aside from turkey breast, this dish has pork scratchings and sausage meat in it. Crunchy walnuts and pistachios meet the dried cranberries and together will enchant the senses.
Ingredients Needed for Turkey Breast Roll With Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing
For the topping:
1 cup pork scratchings
3 tablespoons of dried cranberries
3 tablespoons of pistachios, crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped
For the stuffing:
10 ounces of sausage (2 sausages 12-ounce each)
2 medium onions, minced
2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
2 tablespoons of walnuts, crumbled
1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped
2 tablespoons of breadcrumbs
For the turkey roll:
1 ½ pounds of turkey breast
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 tablespoons of brown sauce
How to Make Turkey Breast Roll With Sausage and Cranberry Stuffing
- Add the pork scratchings to a blender. Blend, then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cranberries, pistachio, and thyme. Mix until even. Set aside.
- Place the sausages on the work surface. Cut, remove and discard the casing.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage meat and break it up.
- Cook and stir until it turns brown. Add the minced onion and dried cranberries. Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add the walnuts and sage, season with salt and pepper, and stir them in. Add the breadcrumbs. Cook and stir for 1 more minute, then remove from heat.
- Place the turkey breast on the work surface on plastic wrap. Butterfly it, then cover it with another plastic wrap and tenderize it using a mallet until it is of uniform thickness. Remove and discard the upper plastic wrap.
- Season the inner part of the butterflied breast with salt and pepper. Add the sausage meat mixture and spread it evenly. Roll the turkey breast using the plastic wrap.
- Tie up the turkey roll with twine. Transfer it to a roomy baking dish, drizzle with olive oil and bake for 45 minutes at 380⁰F/190⁰C.
- Remove from oven, place the roll on the work surface, tie the cord and discard it.
- Coat the roll with brown sauce and top it with the pistachio mixture. Slice and serve.