Ingredients Needed for Three Fish Pie With Potato Crust
For the fish and veggies:
2 tablespoons of butter
1 onion, chopped
1 teaspoon fennel seeds
1 star anise
¼ cup dry vermouth
½ cup heavy cream
6 ounces of smoked haddock fillet, chopped
6 ounces of salmon, chopped
6 ounces of nile perch fillet, chopped
1 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the potato crust:
3 large potatoes, cubed
1 teaspoon nutmeg
¼ cup heavy cream
2 ounces of melted butter
How to Make Three Fish Pie With Potato Crust
- For the fish and veggies: start melting the butter in a skillet over low heat. Add the onion and cook it until tender. Add the fennel and star anise and stir.
- Add the dry vermouth and bring to a simmer. Add the heavy cream, cook, and stir for 1 minute or so. Add the haddock, salmon, and perch. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the peas and fresh parsley, season with salt and pepper, add the lemon juice and stir a little more. Set aside.
- For the potato crust: fill a medium cooking pot halfway with water, add the potatoes and boil them for 15 minutes.
- Add them to a bowl, add the nutmeg, heavy cream, yolks, and 1 ounce melted butter. Mash all.
- Add the veggie fish mixture to a 10-inch / 20 cm square baking tray, layer the mashed potato mixture on top, and add the remaining melted butter. Bake for 30 minutes at 350⁰F/175⁰C.