Ingredients Needed for Texas Chili
3 slices of bacon
2 teaspoons of vegetable oil
10 ounces of flank steak
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 jalapeno, chopped
1 teaspoon red chili paste
½ teaspoon chipotle powder
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
½ cup canned tomatoes
2 tablespoons of tomato sauce
½ cup beer
1 cup beef stock
½ cup cheddar, shredded
3.5 ounces of sour cream
How to Cook Texas Chili
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the bacon in it. Cook it until crispy.
- Take out the bacon and drizzle 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil in the skillet.
- Add the flank steak and cook it until evenly browned.
- Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeno.
- Season with salt, pepper, chili paste, chili powder, and cumin seeds.
- Add the canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, bacon, and beef.
- Pour the beer and the beef stock.
- Cover with a lid and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and move the chili into 2 serving bowls. Top them with shredded Cheddar and sour cream.