2 zucchini, sliced
2 red bell peppers, quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 whole wheat bread (muffuletta)
3 tablespoons of salsa sauce
5 mortadella slices
5 cheddar slices, halved
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the zucchinis and red bell peppers. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and bake for 40 minutes at 360⁰F/180⁰C.
- Split the muffuletta bread horizontally approximately 1 inch from the top and remove the crumb.
- Coat its interior with 2 tablespoons of salsa sauce. Layer some basil leaves on the bottom, then alternately add mortadella, cheddar, and cooked veggies.
- Finish with more basil and with the remaining tablespoon of salsa, then cover with the upper half of the bread.
- Wrap in plastic and refrigerate for 30 minutes.