Grab a spinach bunch from the market and transform it by using it to make these delicious balls. Add a few seasonings and Cheddar cheese to bring them a richer taste. They’re tasty, visually striking, and perfect if you’re in the mood for a quick vegetarian snack!
Ingredients Needed for Spinach Balls
10 ounces of baby spinach
½ cup cheddar, shredded
½ cup breadcrumbs
vegetable oil for frying
How to Make Spinach Balls
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat, fill about half of it with water, and bring it to a boil.
- Add the baby spinach leaves, season with salt, and cook until they wilt.
- Put the spinach in a strainer and press with your hands to reduce all of the liquid.
- Mix it with the fresh oregano, and chop it with a knife.
- Crack the eggs and whisk them. Season with salt and mix them with the shredded Cheddar.
- Add the spinach, breadcrumbs, and whisk everything until the breadcrumbs absorb the liquid.
- Use an ice-cream scoop to shape the mixture into balls.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a frying pan over high heat.
- Add the spinach balls and cook 2-3 minutes, until crispy.