Ingredients Needed for Spaghetti With Chicken Meatballs
14 ounces of chicken mince
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon dried thyme
1 teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon chili flakes
2 tablespoons of parsley, chopped
1 cup parmesan, shredded
2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, sliced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 cup tomato sauce
1 cup tomato juice
9 ounces of cooked spaghetti
How to Cook Spaghetti With Chicken Meatballs
- Add the minced chicken in a large bowl. Add the egg yolk, and season with thyme, garlic powder, chili flakes, parsley, salt, and half of the parmesan. Mix everything until smooth.
- Pinch off a piece of the meat mixture and gently roll it between your hands to form a small meatball, around 1-2 inch (2,5 cm – 4 cm) in diameter. Continue shaping until all the meat is used.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the meatballs and cook them evenly for 15-20 minutes total time.
- Heat the remaining oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic, and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomato paste, tomato sauce, and tomato juice. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat.
- Season with salt, pepper, and add the remaining parmesan. Give it a good stir.
- Add the meatballs and garnish with some parsley. Put a lid on and cook for 5 more minutes on low heat.
- You can serve them with spaghetti or other dishes.