1 cup flour
1 teaspoon sugar
1 teaspoon instant yeast
1 ½ tablespoons of vegetable oil
½ cup water
½ large onion, diced
3 garlic cloves
1 jalapeno, sliced
8 ounces of canned red beans
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 bay leaf
½ onion, sliced
½ cup sweet corn
4 ounces of canned sardines in olive oil
- Add the flour, sugar, instant yeast, and salt to taste to the mixer bowl. Shortly mix until even using a spoon.
- Add 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and start mixing. Gradually add 1/2 of the water in the process. Mix until you have a dough.
- Let it rise for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a pan over low heat, then add the diced onion, garlic, and jalapeno. Cook and stir until the onion is tender.
- Add the red beans, season with salt and dried oregano, then stir in for 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining water and the bay leaf and cook for 7 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaf and transfer the mixture to a blender. You can strain it first if there is too much liquid left. Blend and set aside.
- Dust your work surface with a little flour, knead the dough a little, then shape it into a cylinder. Cut it into 8 equal pieces.
- Shape each piece into a small tortilla using your hands and a smaller rolling pin.
- Drizzle a pan with oil and heat it over low heat. Fry each dough disc for 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Spread red bean paste on them, add sliced onion, sweet corn, and sardines. You can serve them with lime wedges. Optionally you can garnish the tacos with some chopped parsley.