Ingredients Needed for Cheddar and Mayo Cookies
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 ounces of butter, melted
1 cup milk
1 ounce cornmeal
5 ounces of mayonnaise
½ cup cheddar, shredded
How to Cook Cheddar and Mayo Cookies
- Sift the flour through a strainer in a large bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt, and mix with a fork.
- Add the melted butter and milk while slowly mixing with a wooden spatula. Keep a few drops of milk for later on.
- Use your hands and knead the dough until smooth and elastic.
- Dust your working space with flour and level the dough with a rolling pin until thin.
- Use a star-shaped ring to shape the dough into cookies.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Lay the cookies on the parchment paper, at a short distance from one another.
- Brush them with milk and sprinkle some cornmeal on top.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F/200 degrees C.
- Slide the tray into the oven for the next 12 minutes.
- Lay the biscuits in stacks of 2, gluing them together with mayo and shredded Cheddar.