Ingredients Needed for Prosciutto Pastry Rolls Cooked Two Ways
14 ounces of shortcrust pastry or 2 sheets puff pastry, thawed
1 tablespoon pesto sauce
8 prosciuttos slices
1 cup low moisture mozzarella, shredded
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 tablespoon milk
How to Cook Prosciutto Pastry Rolls Cooked Two Ways
- Dust your working space with flour and roll out the shortcrust pastry using a rolling pin. Split in 2 sheets. This won’t be necessary if you have used regular pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C.
- Grab one of the pastry sheets and evenly spread pesto sauce over it. Place 4 prosciutto slices over it. Top with 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella. Start from the end closest to you and roll towards the opposite end.
- Slice it into smaller rolls, around 1.2-inches (3 cm) thick.
- Grab the second half of the pastry, and evenly spread tomato paste over it. Top it with the remaining prosciutto and mozzarella. Start from the end closest to you and roll towards the opposite end. Slice it just as you’ve did with the first one.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and place the pastry rolls over it.
- Whisk the egg with milk and make some egg wash.
- Top the rolls with egg wash.
- Bake them for the next 15 minutes!