Ingredients Needed for Pork and Potato Stew
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
10 ounces of pork shoulder
1 teaspoon coriander seeds
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, thinly sliced
1 small green chili, thinly sliced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2 thyme sprigs
2 bay leaves
2 cups of beef stock
3 potatoes, small dices
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 spring onion, chopped
1 tablespoon butter
fresh dill (optional)
How to Cook Pork and Potato Stew
- Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the pork and season it with salt and pepper.
- Crush the coriander seeds and add them over the pork. Add the onion and a bit more vegetable oil if needed.
- Cook the meat until evenly cooked on all sides. Add the carrots, chili, tomato paste, and give it a good stir.
- Season with fresh thyme, bay leaves, and half of the beef stock. Cover it with a lid and simmer for the next 10 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, bell pepper, spring onion, butter, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the remaining stock and simmer for the next 20 minutes.
- Serve the dish with some fresh dill on top!