Calories: 591 kCal / serving
- 70 g
- 26 g
- 23 g
Ingredients Needed for Mashed Potato and Sausage Balls
1 tablespoon oil
1 ounce butter
½ cup milk
1 cup breadcrumbs
1 teaspoon chives
6 mozzarellas balls
1 cup flour
How to Make Mashed Potato and Sausage Balls
- Heat the oil in a cast-iron skillet to a medium high temperature.
- Add the sausage in the skillet, chopped in little pieces.
- Fry the pieces until brown and crunchy.
- Boil water in a saucepan with a pinch of salt.
- Boil the potatoes until they’re easy to stab with a fork.
- Mash the potatoes with butter, 1/4 cup milk, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix the fried sausages with the mashed potatoes, 1 egg, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, and chives.
- Divide the composition into 6 equal parts.
- Take each part of the composition and wrap a mozzarella ball with it.
- Make egg wash using two eggs and 1/4 cup of milk.
- Coat the mashed potatoes and mozzarella balls in flour, egg wash, and breadcrumbs.
- Deep fry in a saucepan with oil until they turn a golden brown color.